David Jenkins BSc (Hons)
David has over 20 years experience working in professional sport as the head Therapist to various teams. In 2012 he devoted his time to establishing Sports Therapy Scotland Ltd .
Aiming to provide the best possible treatments and education within the clinical environment.
In 2017 David ventured into the Movie World as the Sports Therapist to Hollywood actor Chris Pine during the Filming of Netflix Production “Outlaw King” travelling to all 47 locations.
- July 2004 – current, self-employed Sports Therapist – Sports Therapy Scotland Ltd
- August 2017 – December 2017 Sports Therapist looking after actor Chris Pine for NetflixProduction “Outlaw King”
- June 2015 – May 2016 1stTeam head Sports Therapist Albion Rover FC , SFL1, Part Time
- June 2014 –December 2014 1stTeam Head Sports Therapist Raith Rovers FC , Scottish Championship FL – Full-time
- August 2013 – current Dundee United FC Central Academy Head Sports Therapist.
- May 2012 – July 2012 Internship Queen Elizabeth National Spinal Injury Unit.
- 2011 – assist when necessary St Mirren (SPL)1stTeam and Youth Development
- 2010 – 2013 Braehead Clan Elite Pro – Ice Hockey Team Head Sports Therapist
- 2007-2011 – Assist when necessary Dunfermline FC 1stTeam (SPL , 1stDiv SFL)
- 2006 – 2008 Stirling Albion FC Youth Development and 1stTeam ( 1stDiv SFL)
- July 2006 – November 2006 Falkirk FC 1stTeam (SPL)
- 2004 -2005- East Stirlingshire FC 1stTeam ( Div 3 SFL)
- 2001 – 2004 Linlithgow Rose FC (Junior Scotland Therapist)
- 1999 – 2012 Sports Therapist to Scottish Prison Service National Football / Rugby / Athletics
Recent CPD Courses , Workshops
- IASTM Instructor / Trainer 2018
- BFR Blood Flow Resistance Instructor / Trainer 2018
- FMS Functional Movement Screen Level 1 and 2 Assessor 2013
- Heartstart UK Instructor 2012 (St Johns)
- Associate Member UKSCA
- Manual Handling Instructor – 2011
- IKFF Ketllebell Instructor Level 1+ level 2 – 2010
- BSc Hons SPORTS THERAPY (2:1)– University of Teesside 2009
- Examiner / Assessor – For Society Of Sports Therapists- 2007 – present
- Moderator – Degree Programme BSc Hons Sports Therapy – Various Universities – 2007- present
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Lower Limb –Education & RehabServices 2006
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Upper Limb– Education &RehabServices 2006
- Vertebral Mobilisations, Clinical Implications– Education &Rehab Services 2005
- Vertebral Mobilisations Introduction – Education & Rehab Services 2005
- Diploma Sports Therapy – Society of Sports Therapists. 2004
- Gym Instructor – Instructor / Assessor- Focus Training. 2004
- A1 / A2 Assessor– Q.A. 2004
- First Aid Instructor / First Aider – First Aid Services. 2003
- Introduction to exercise and Remedial Therapy–Society of Sports Therapists .2001
- S.D.A. Fitness Counsellor– 2001
- S.F.A.- “Coaching The Game”– S.F.A. 2001
- H.N.C. Unit in Fitness Testing and Assessment. – S.Q.A. 2000
- R.O.S.P.A. Manual Handling Instructor– R.O.S.P.A. 2000
- S.F.A. “ Goalkeeping” Certificate–S.F.A. 1999
- S.F.A. “D” Certificate– S.F.A. – 1995
- British Sports Trust / Sports Leaders UK – Sports LeadersTutor
- Y.M.C.A. Exercise to Music Instructor– YMCA 1998
- Fitech Fitness Counsellor– FITECH 1997
- B.A.W.L.A. Weight Lifting Instructor– BAWLA 1996
- BOX –A-Cise Instructor- BOXACISE UK 1996
- S.A.S.A. Swimming Teacher– SASA 1995
- R.L.S.S. Pool Lifeguard– RLSS 1990 to PRESENT
- S.F.A. Referee- SFA 1995
- S.F.A. “E” Certificate– SFA 1995
Brodie Gillon BSc (Hons)
Brodie began working with Sports Therapy Scotland in August 2017 and works between both clinics in Glasgow and Stirling. Since graduating from Teesside University in 2015 with a BSc (Hons) in Sports Therapy, she has a range of experience within rugby league Darlington Mowden Park R.F.C, Ayr United Football Academy and Ayr Seaforth Athletics Club.
At all of these locations, Brodie was responsible for injury assessments, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. She also worked alongside STS treating the cast and crew on the film ‘Outlaw King’ (Netflix 2017).
After graduating, Brodie joined the Army Reserves as Combat Medical Technician and has gained several additional qualifications as well as a wide range of life skills. She has worked her way up and is now a medical instructor across her whole regiment, teaching her peers and fellow soldiers in the medical field.
Brodie is keen to encourage clients to help themselves through active rehabilitation programmes and she will be conducting these in the clinic studio during treatment sessions. Brodie is hungry for success for her clients and herself!
Some of the qualifications Brodie currently has are as follows;
- BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
- HND Sports Therapy
- Maitlands peripheral and spinal joint mobilisations
- Practical exercise rehabilitation
- Swedish and sports massage
- Trigger point therapy and soft tissue release
- Move Kinetic Tape Kinesiology Taping
- Functional Integrated Dry Needling – Modules 1 and 2
- Combat Medical Technician 3, 2 and 1
- Team Medic and Battlefield Casualty Drills Instructor
Yasmin has been with Sports Therapy Scotland as the clinic manager for over a year now. She is based in our Glasgow clinic but deals with both our Stirling and Glasgow diary bookings for David & Brodie. She also ensures all our courses run smoothly and is the first point of contact for anyone calling Sports Therapy Scotland for an appointment or course enquiry.