David Jenkins BSc (Hons)
David has over 20 years experience working in professional sport as the head Therapist to various teams. In 2012 he devoted his time to establishing Sports Therapy Scotland Ltd .
Aiming to provide the best possible treatments and education within the clinical environment. David is committed to life long personal development and learning.
In 2017 David ventured into the Film World as the Sports Therapist to Hollywood actor Chris Pine during the Filming of Netflix Production “Outlaw King” travelling to all 47 locations working with Chris and the rest of the cast daily.
Since then he has worked with Director Michael Caton-Jones 2018, the cast and crew of “Outlander” 2018 – present, ‘Succession” 2019, “Batman Returns” 2019, and “Tetris” 2021
All Sports Therapy Scotland Clinic treatments & STS courses are applied / taught by David Jenkins BSc(hons)SpTh.
David has over 20 years experience in professional sports, TV & Film and is also the Sports Therapist – to Undisputed World Boxing Champion- Josh Taylor.
- July 2004 – current, Owner – Sports Therapy Scotland Ltd.
- 2019 – Current Team Taylor including 2021 Las Vegas full fight camp support.
- January 2020 – current, Owner – Sports Therapy CBD Ltd.
- October 2018 – current, Owner – Education CPD Ltd.
- October 2018 – current, Sports Therapist “Outlander”
- August 2017 – December 2017 Sports Therapist looking after actor Chris Pine for NetflixProduction “Outlaw King”
- June 2015 – May 2016 1stTeam head Sports Therapist Albion Rover FC , SFL1, Part Time
- June 2014 –December 2014 1stTeam Head Sports Therapist Raith Rovers FC , Scottish Championship FL – Full-time
- August 2013 – current Dundee United FC Central Academy Head Sports Therapist.
- May 2012 – July 2012 Internship Queen Elizabeth National Spinal Injury Unit.
- 2011 – assist when necessary St Mirren (SPL)1stTeam and Youth Development
- 2010 – 2013 Braehead Clan Elite Pro – Ice Hockey Team Head Sports Therapist
- 2007-2011 – Assist when necessary Dunfermline FC 1stTeam (SPL , 1stDiv SFL)
- 2006 – 2008 Stirling Albion FC Youth Development and 1stTeam ( 1stDiv SFL)
- July 2006 – November 2006 Falkirk FC 1stTeam (SPL)
- 2004 -2005- East Stirlingshire FC 1stTeam ( Div 3 SFL)
- 2001 – 2004 Linlithgow Rose FC (Junior Scotland Therapist)
- 1999-2004 Killin Mountain Rescue Team Volunteer
- 1999 – 2012 Sports Therapist to Scottish Prison Service National Football / Rugby / Athletics
Recent CPD Courses , Workshops
- First Option – Events Advanced Level training for Covid Supervisors 2021
- Screen Skills – Coronavirus basic awareness on production training (Updated) 2021
- First Option – Covid 19 Set Supervisor for productions 2020
- First Option – Managing COVID-19 Risks on Production 2020
- Screen Skills – Coronavirus basic awareness on production training 2020
- Safe Sets International – Covid-19 (Level A) Film & Video Production 2020
- FIDN Dry Needling Instructor 2019
- IASTM Instructor / Trainer 2018
- BFR Blood Flow Resistance Instructor / Trainer 2018
- FIDN Dry Needling Level 3 – 2016
- FIDN Dry Needling Levels 1 & 2 – 2015
- FMS Functional Movement Screen Level 1 and 2 Assessor 2013
- Heartstart UK Instructor 2012 (St Johns)
- Associate Member UKSCA – 2011
- Manual Handling Instructor – 2011
- IKFF Ketllebell Instructor Level 1+ level 2 – 2010
- BSc Hons SPORTS THERAPY (2:1) – University of Teesside 2009
- Examiner / Assessor – For Society Of Sports Therapists – 2007 – present
- Moderator – Degree Programme BSc Hons Sports Therapy – Various Universities – 2007- present
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Lower Limb –Education & RehabServices 2006
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Upper Limb– Education &RehabServices 2006
- Vertebral Mobilisations, Clinical Implications– Education &Rehab Services 2005
- Vertebral Mobilisations Introduction – Education & Rehab Services 2005
- Diploma Sports Therapy – Society of Sports Therapists. 2004
- Gym Instructor – Instructor / Assessor- Focus Training. 2004
- A1 / A2 Assessor– S.Q.A. 2004
- First Aid Instructor / First Aider – First Aid Services. 2003
- Introduction to exercise and Remedial Therapy–Society of Sports Therapists .2001
- S.D.A. Fitness Counsellor– 2001
- S.F.A.- “Coaching The Game”– S.F.A. 2001
- H.N.C. Unit in Fitness Testing and Assessment. – S.Q.A. 2000
- R.O.S.P.A. Manual Handling Instructor– R.O.S.P.A. 2000
- S.F.A. “ Goalkeeping” Certificate–S.F.A. 1999
- S.F.A. “D” Certificate– S.F.A. – 1995
- British Sports Trust / Sports Leaders UK – Sports LeadersTutor 1999
- Y.M.C.A. Exercise to Music Instructor– YMCA 1998
- Fitech Fitness Counsellor– FITECH 1997
- B.A.W.L.A. Weight Lifting Instructor– BAWLA 1996
- BOX –A-Cise Instructor- BOXACISE UK 1996
- S.A.S.A. Swimming Teacher– SASA 1995
- R.L.S.S. Pool Lifeguard– RLSS 1990 to PRESENT
- S.F.A. Referee- SFA 1995
- S.F.A. “E” Certificate– SFA 1995
Yasmin has been with Sports Therapy Scotland as the clinic manager for 4 years now. Playing a pivotal role in successfully managing the day to day business side as well as the Sports Therapy Scotland patient appointments and all our online accounts. For our education courses Yasmin co-ordinates all the logistics ensuring the smooth running our courses throughout the UK.
Yasmin is currently home working due to current Covid Guidelines and still doing all the above and more. Yasmin is the first point of contact for anyone calling Sports Therapy Scotland for an appointment or a course enquiry. 0141 334 1223